Sunday, June 23, 2013 Home

Exploring Toronto

My 2013 visit to Toronto was a revelation: I discovered an attractive, vital city where I remembered only a concrete desert of hulking buildings, parking lots, and highways. Ok, I also recall wonderful paintings by the Group of Seven (particularly the boards they painted in the field) and the delightful Bata Shoe Museum, so it wasn't all bad. But I wasn’t in any hurry to return.

Turns out I waited much too long to give Toronto a second look.

Today’s Toronto is a lively, dynamic, multicultural city that seems to offer a high quality of life for its residents and a wealth of activities for visitors. I loved it from the moment we rolled into town during a downpour.

This latest visit gave me a chance to explore a few of the city's offerings, but this provides just a sample of what’s available.

Exploring Toronto: May/June 2013

Museums and Attractions 
  • CN Tower
  • Casa Loma
  • Art Gallery of Ontario
  • Museum of Contemporary Canadian Art 
  • Royal Ontario Museum
  • Toronto-Dominion Gallery of Inuit Art   
  • Textile Museum
  • McMichael Canadian Art Collection
  • Allen Gardens
 Architecture
Dining

Cruising the Harbor and Toronto Islands

The Distillery District

Construction Crazy: City of Cranes

I Spy the CN Tower

A vibrant downtown

Getting Around


The Travel Diary
May 29, 2013
Daily Snapshots
  
May 30 (Thursday)

May 31, 2013

June 1, 2013
June 2 afternoon
June 3

TBEX Toronto


Photo Thursday
An Old Door in Toronto (June 6, 2013)

Need a Little Space at the Bar? - Brookfield Place (June 20, 2013)



Return Trips: Museums and More (May 26, 2013)



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home