Sunday, March 3, 2013

Worth a Return Trip: Phoenix, Arizona

A courtyard at the Heard Museum
I just got back from Phoenix, but I’m always ready to make a return trip, not just because we have friends and (seasonally) family in the area, but because I just like Phoenix.

The Phoenix area includes a number of places I could return to again and again, such as the Apache Trail, the Desert Botanical Gardens, the Boyce-Thompson Arboretum, the Heard Museum, Taliesin West, the Phoenix Art Museum, and more. Of course, the area is also laced with trails that are ideal for hiking on cooler days.

There are a few things I haven’t gotten to (preseason baseball and a myriad of hikes among them) and I’m sure there are things I haven’t discovered yet. Among recent discoveries still awaiting a visit are the Museum of Musical Instruments (which received unsolicited rave reviews from about every third person I ran into in Phoenix) and Saint Anthony’s Greek Orthodox Monastery (which we unsuccessfully tried to find this winter, but didn’t have an adequate map).   
Downtown Phoenix
Taliesin West
Boyce Thompson Arboretum in spring
If I should somehow run out of things to do around Phoenix, I can always head up to Sedona or down to Tucson. There’s always more to see and do around here.


More Phoenix posts

More Places Worth a Return Trip

2 comments:

  1. I've always heard great things about Phoenix. Will have to add it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do - the Sonoran Desert is wonderful. Very different from your home!

      Delete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.