Saturday, February 9, 2013 Home

A Small Cactus Garden, Scottsdale, Arizona

The Heard Museum North (located in the far northern end of Scottsdale) has a small regular exhibit as well as a temporary ledger art show.     

It’s a lovely little show and I enjoy the art (and the very nice gift shop), but I’m also eager to spend some time communing with the cacti that frame the museum’s small patio.  
(It has been an unusually cold winter down here. . . I assume this the reason for the Styrofoam pot hats.)  
 
 
 
 Intriguing sculpture comes in many forms.

Next post: Recreating the Past at Superstition Mountain
Previous post: America’s Taco Shop

More Arizona posts
 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At May 31, 2013 7:55 PM, Anonymous Stefanie said...

What a beautiful garden in Scottsdale! It's so neat that the landscape allows you to grow these cactus. I couldn't plant anything like that here.

 
At June 02, 2013 8:33 PM, Blogger Travel Gal said...

Isn't it lovely? I find cacti so interesting visually, but I can't grow them outdoors either - I have to escape to places like Arizona to see them. It's so nice to have lots of gardens - including cactus gardens -- to visit!

 

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home