Thursday, January 24, 2013

Photo Thursday: Contrasting Travel Ideals on Display in Paris

This was the scene near our hotel in Paris last October.
I was struck by the contrast between the Eifel Tower and the rugged outdoors scene plastered along the tower in the foreground. (The poster was an ad for travel to Australia.) It was an unexpected juxtaposition of two very different visions of travel, perhaps made more obvious here, in a city that is the focus of many a traveler’s dreams.

For more travel images to spark your own travel dreams, check out Nancie’s Budget Traveler’s Sandbox.  

5 comments:

  1. Opps! No Nancie this week - I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful view you had! The ad does seem out of place, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just thought it was funny - so many people dream of seeing the Eifel Tower,but obviously there is a market here for a very different kind of travel as well.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, Cindy. I also try to catch subject contrasts when I can but I'm not always conscious of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually not conscious of it either, but this one was pretty hard to miss!

      Delete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.