1. Near home, the Weisman Museum in Minneapolis at sunset,
as reflected in the pedestrian walkway.
2. Memorial Chapel at Lakewood Cemetery provides a taste of the Byzantine
right here in Minneapolis.
3. Serious children with playful art at the Denver Art Museum.
4. Hagia Sophia at night, Istanbul, Turkey.
5. Looking up into the dome of the Blue Mosque in Istanbul, Turkey.
6. Roman ruins in Turkey and Greece - we saw lots of great ruins,
these are in Samos, Greece.
7. Visiting the sea caves in Lake Superior's Apostle Islands in Wisconsin.
8. Loons on Lake Vermilion - nothing says “Minnesota” like the call of a loon.
9. Artist shack in the dunes near Provincetown on Cape Cod
- I wonder if I could live here for a season.
10. Fireworks as seen from the midway at the Minnesota State Fair as summer winds down.
11. Fellow sailors on Curieuse Island, Seychelles - one tortoise, many photographers.
12. Beautiful beaches in the Seychelles - this one on Anse Volbert,
but I could have chosen any of a dozen shots.
These aren’t necessarily my best shots from the year or a full representation of the year’s travels, but they are a few of my favorites.
Happy New Year!