Thursday, November 1, 2012

Photo Thursday: A Perfect Sunset in Paradise

I have just returned from sailing in the Seychelles - lovely tropical islands in the Indian Ocean.

Despite being on the water every day, we saw few great sunsets until the end of the trip when my husband and I spent a day on Mahe with a couple of friends of ours. Despite our difficulty locating the perfect beach bar from which to watch the show, a roadside beach provided a wonderful vantage point. 


Not bad for a roadside viewing.

(The next night I realized that we could have had as good a view from the patio of my rental villa, where we could have had a drink at the same time. Unfortunately, nature wasn't as obliging that evening and this display was not repeated, making this the only truly spectacular sunset we saw in the Seychelles.)

Check out Nancie's Budget Travelers Sandbox where there are sure to be great images and links to more from all around the world.

4 comments:

  1. Very beautiful! I love the way the color of the light catches on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you had one spectacular sunset. I want to hear more about the Seychelles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, one can't complain about getting a spectacular sunset. More info on the Seychelles to come. They are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.