Thursday, March 1, 2012

Photo Thursday: A Black and White View of Winter's Arrival in Saint Paul

My idea of a perfect winter is really sunshine and 60 degree temperatures, but if I have to live in a place that has real winters, my preference would be for it to be 30 degrees and snowy.

I got my wish today, so wandered around the neighborhood a bit this morning to try to capture the feel of a snowy day. A few of those shots demanded to be black and white - so here they are!

Have you ever seen a colder looking angel?

In the city in winter. Need I say more?

For more "Photo Thursday" images from all around the world, visit Nancie's Budget Travelers Sandbox.

11 comments:

  1. That poor angel looks like it's freezing :) Great pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and white was an excellent choice for these photos. I need to play around with it a whole lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos - love the snowy angel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My idea of winter is 80 degrees and sun. Thanks for the reminder. Love the bw photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter can be beautiful & offer some nice photo opportunities. I especially like the bench pic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks freezing!!! They look great in B & W!
    I would love for you to share these pictures with my readers as well! I host a weekly Friday travel photo meme called Friday Daydreamin'. :))

    ~Becca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words and the invite. I've been making changes to the blog this week, so have been a little slow on the draw. I'll be looking forward to thinking up specific posts to share with you and your readers in the future!

      Delete
    2. Just popped back to thank you for linking up and noticed the blog changes - it looks great!

      Delete
  7. Thanks, all. I really liked the way you could almost see that poor angel shivering amid the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The statue does so terribly cold! It fits so well on the statue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your kind comments. I have to give my husband credit for first spotting that angel - it seemed so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.