Thursday, February 2, 2012 Home

Photo Thursday: Kirstenbosch in Black and White

I'm not much of a black and white photographer - I'm too enamored of color. But recently my spouse brought home a few things highlighting black and white photography and it got me thinking about what makes a good black and white photo. That, in turn, made me want to see if I could learn what makes a good black and white photo by taking another look at my own photos.

These photos were originally shot in color at Kirstenbosch Garden in Cape Town, South Africa. Most of these are also posted on the web in color (along with many other photos that weren't as effective in black and white) in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden post.

For more "Photo Thursday" images, visit Nancie's Budget Travelers Sandbox.

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At February 02, 2012 8:15 PM, Anonymous Dick Jordan said...

Black and white was good enough for Ansel Adams (and other famous photographers, too). Just because color is "normal" doesn't mean black and white landscapes aren't worth viewing.

 
At February 02, 2012 8:26 PM, Anonymous Cathy Sweeney said...

Interesting experiment with black and white. I think it worked well with these photos -- adds another depth of mystery to a beautiful place.

 
At February 02, 2012 9:14 PM, Anonymous InsideJourneys said...

I do love BW photos. It's added another dimension to your photos. They look richer and fuller.

 
At February 04, 2012 6:48 PM, Anonymous Debbie @ European Travelista said...

I was thinking of doing a very similar experiment! It would be interesting to see the colored photos along side the black and whites.

 

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home