Thursday, January 12, 2012

Photo Thursday: Be Sure to Look Both Ways!

Sometimes when I’m out on a game drive and various wild animals are wandering along, across and down the road, I wonder if they have any sense that a vehicle could actually be dangerous. Some of them don’t even seem to realize we are there. Most just give us a baleful glance that seems to say “not a lion” before going back to grazing or preening or whatever they were doing before we came by.

Thus, it was funny to see this giraffe stand and the side of road (considering the options?) before carefully looking both ways (a long look our direction, as if debating whether or not we would stay put) and venturing out on to the pavement.

These were taken in September at the Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Reserve in South Africa.

See additional pictures from Hluhluwe-Umfolozi
.

For more "Photo Thursday" images, visit Nancie's Budget Travelers Sandbox.

7 comments:

  1. I love your pictures of the giraffe trying to cross the road! They made me laugh too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a classic African game drive shot. Maybe this one has a bigger brain than most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lush. You must have gone in the spring. Love watching animals in their natural habitat. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You have the makings of a great child safety poster!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Giraffes have been my favorite animal since I was a kid. I can't wait to see them in the wild someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agree. It'd make a dreat child safety poster!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the safety poster idea - it certainly seems likely to capture a child's attention!

    Thanks for all the comments!

    ReplyDelete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.