Thursday, November 10, 2011

Photo Thursday: Open Air Shopping

There is an outdoor market (along with a few other small shops) near the Swazi Candle factory. We didn't have enough time here, in part because the grounds had some interesting plants, like these bird of paradise, that called for a second look.

Actually, I just have a thing for bird of paradise. Like bougainvillea, it is one of the plants I want to be able to grown in my garden some day. (Because that would mean I am living somewhere warm!)

This isn't a great photo, but I like the way it obscures the vaguely English two-story shop in the background. . . sort of a "where am I photo."

For more "Photo Thursday" viewing, visit Nancie at the Budget Travelers Sandbox.

10 comments:

  1. One of my favorite tropical flowers. You have captured it nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's also one of Bob's favorite flowers- he loves them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one flower we don't have in Europe. Very pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same about orchids. i love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a great shot, Travel Gal. Also one of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture! I love Bouganvillea too :)They grow like weeds in So Cal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing these growing outside and not in a florist's vase is a very good sign with the approaching winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, but it is spring in Swaziland!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its really nice flower,just like a butterfly sitting to collect nector.wonderful it is.
    ------------------------------------
    Cheap Flights to Johannesburg

    ReplyDelete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.