Saturday, May 14, 2011 Home

Evening in Bandholm

We are staying in Bandholm tonight, at the Bandholm Hotel – a bed and breakfast within view of the sea.

There is just enough time before dinner to check out the immediate neighborhood. To one side there is a long beach with a marina that serves both industrial and pleasure boats.

The village appears to be on the other side of the hotel, where I find a few carefully tended homes, a couple small businesses, some long-abandoned commercial buildings, and a train depot.

I can’t tell for sure whether or not the depot is still in use.

Nor can I tell whether or not this is the whole town. . . for some reason I had expected it to be bigger. Perhaps it is there, behind those trees off in the distance. Or perhaps not, as most things in Denmark haven’t been as big as I’d expected. Now I’ll have to wait for another day to know for sure.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home