All of this led to the following partial exchange on Facebook:
- Me: $650 rd trip Mpls to Copenhagen in May. Trying to be responsible and not book tickets. . .
- One of several friends to comment: $650? That's cheaper than driving to Oregon!
- One of the Finnish cousins: what´s holding you back? book the tickets to Copenhagen and from Copenhagen to Oulu (100€) and we´ll pick you up, you are welcome to stay as long as you want to...
- And: or we´ll come to copenhagen...
- Me: Thinking about it. . . (the fare still seems to be there)
- And then: Booked.
(The cousins arrive while I am in the bathroom putting in my contact lenses. Somehow, without having met before, they connect with Lane and the three of them are chatting when I return. This is going to be a good trip.)
Next post: Nyhavn