Sunday, September 19, 2010

This is Going to be Really Hard

Previous post: Orvieto’s Duomo

Along the way back I come across Rick and Rich standing in a doorway, intently shooting something in the street that is not obvious to me. I stop by to see what’s up, but seem to be in the way (I still can’t see what they are shooting) so continue on. I don’t get far though before Rick catches up to me and invites me to come back so he can show me what he is doing.

What he has found is a good “frame” for a scene (using some empty tables and a couple of menu boards) with people moving through. Despite a careful explanation, I feel like I only sort of get what it is he is seeing.

My images make it clear that I don’t get it – their shots look like something from a fancy travel magazine, mine are boring:

Oh well. I’m here to learn, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.