Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Coffee Break

I'm in training most of this week, a short jaunt north that winds between small lakes and wetlands interspersed with ugly suburban development. Mostly though, it is a pleasant trip and the weather is nice enough to put the top down on the Miata.

Ah, summer.

There isn't much for tea at the rather sub-par hotel in which we are meeting, so I've been scouting out the coffee shop possibilities en route. Yesterday I noticed a promising spot in a nondescript (and slightly frayed) strip mall just off Lexington on Wooddale Avenue.

I laugh when I pull into Billy's Coffee Shop today - I didn't notice the frogs when I came by yesterday!

Inside, the proprietor tells me he has the world's best chai tea.


He might be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.