Saturday, March 21, 2009

The Biltmore

Previous Post: A Peek into the Ancient Past

The friends I am staying with live right along the canal, which is a perfect place for walking late in the day.

I love being able to see into the backyards of the more modest houses alongside the canal on her side, but I have to admit that the glimpse of the really expensive houses located across the canal in Paradise Valley is really intriguing.

Had we turned the other way when we reached the canal, we would have ended up in a lively commercial area with at least one great restaurant. Instead, we turned the other direction, which takes us to the Arizona Biltmore.

Designed by a student of Frank Lloyd Wright, the Biltmore has served as a temporary home for celebrities and presidents since its opening in 1929. I’m not a luxury resort sort of person, but it is a beauty.

While I’ll probably never stay here, I definitely will be back for a drink someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.