Sunday, September 14, 2008

Passport Retirement

Yeah, this really is me -- or at least was me, ten years ago.

I've always liked this photo. Of course, as those of you who see me regularly know, I don't look anything like this anymore. . . but I like to think I still COULD. I really am that girl - only a little wiser now, I hope.

I'm also sorry to see this passport go for another reason -- along with the usual stamps from exotic locations, this one is has stickers of various sorts. The governments of Egypt, Cambodia, and South Africa actually saw it necessary to glue a real stamp or paper visa into my passport. I find that lovely and quaint and it gives my passport a nice heft that most lack. I guess it is a good thing that I hope to return to all three of those countries again.

But, for awhile now, I'm stuck in the USA without a passport!

Eeek! Guess I had better get that application in the mail.

2 comments:

  1. You go to PDP, and people come to you! I like that you put your passport photo here.
    Coincidentally, I also have a passport that's almost 10 years old. In fact, I have an appointment to get an expedited new one tomorrow. The new photo is a bit depressing, to say the least, especially when compared to the one that was taken 10 years, 15 pounds, and a whole different (natural) hair color ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog! It's well written and the photographs are excellent. I shall enjoy reading about your travels, as that's a passion for me, too.

    ReplyDelete

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.