Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The Bead Museum

Previous Post: Free Speech

The day is moving along and we still would like to make a couple of stops before we head out to the suburbs to visit Aunt C, so after a quick lunch at Teaism (another DC favorite of mine), we visit the Bead Museum.

Yes, the Bead Museum.

When we had mentioned to Aunt C that this was one of the places we were planning to visit, she had been perplexed: "A BEAD museum? I can't say I've ever given beads much thought."

Well, as some of you know, I've given beads a fair amount of thought. I've always been fascinated by the variety and versatility of beads and, over time, I've come to appreciate the fact that beads and other forms of ornamentation say a lot about a culture and its values. Beads have been valued from prehistory through this day . . . surely they are worth some consideration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is good to hear from you!

All comments are moderated, so it may take a bit before your comments are posted, but I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Please come back and visit www.thetravelgal.blogspot.com again.